As if you needed another reason to book your next holiday in Guatemala.
We think this are the best places to travel in Guatemala.
1. Tikal: Tikal, a major Pre-Columbian political, economic and military centre, is one of the most important archaeological complexes left by the Maya civilization. Specially recommended for people interested or passionate on history, archeology, ruins or family trips.
2. Semuc Champey: a series of turquoise water pools suspended on a natural land bridge under which the river passes. Recommended for those adventurous people who loves nature.
3. Livingston: Livingston is a mostly Garifuna small town. The Garifuna are descendants of kidnapped West Africans brought to the New World on European and American slave ships who somehow escaped or survived shipwreck, and the Carib Indians who gave them shelter. Recommended for family trips, solo traveler or couples.
4. The Lanquín Caves: It is an enormous and beautiful complex containing countless chambers and beautiful limestone formations. The complex is huge and has never been fully explored. Highly recommended for adventurous travelers who likes adrenaline.
5. Antigua Guatemala: It is among the world’s best conserved colonial cities, it is a magic and captivating small town that makes you feel time might have stopped some 300 years ago. A city recommended for Weddings, honeymoons, family trips, solo trips or any kind of travelers.
6. Pacaya volcano: If you have you dreamed about touching the lava, this is the opportunity. Pacaya is an active complex volcano in Guatemala. Highly recommended for trekkers passionate for nature, mountains and volcanoes.
7. Lake Atitlan: Lake Atitlán is the most beautiful lake in the world. It is surrounded by craggy mountains and three traditionally shaped volcanoes. Formed by a collapsed volcanic cone. International weddings and honeymoons have been carried out in this beautiful lake.
8. Quetzaltenango or Xela: The second most important city in Guatemala, not too big, not too small, enough foreigners to support a good range of hotels and restaurants, but not so many that it loses its national flavor.
Highly recommended for family trips, honeymoons, study Spanish as a second language, volunteer programs, internship and a quiet life.
9. Chicabal lagoon and Volcano: It is considered to be one of the most sacred ecological sites in the Mayan Cosmo vision. They are used for carrying out rituals and ceremonies, especially praying for rain. Recommended for trekkers and nature lovers.
10. Hot Springs: Fuentes Georginas, a superb natural spa in a spectacular setting. With four pools of varying temperatures are fed by hot sulfur springs and framed by a steep, high wall of tropical vines, ferns and flowers. Highly recommended for all travelers.
I can you give you many more reasons to travel to Guatemala but I suggest you contact Travel & Health Guatemala to find out more.
We organize everything and will be with you throughout your adventure in order to make sure you have the best time possible. Transportation, accommodation, Guatemalan food, Spanish, activities and much more.
What are you waiting for?No Fields Found.